Music is what feelings sound like.
We provide educational and networking opportunities for Metro Detroit musicians.
The Musicians Community Center and Rock Academy is a Michigan non-profit organization pending Federal 501(c)(3) status formed for educational, scientific, and charitable purposes.
Our mission is to educate, empower, and encourage local aspiring musicians of all ages and genres. Our 13,400 square foot Community Center is located in the heart of Metro Detroit's music scene.
The Musicians Community Center prides itself on being an information and resource center where musicians will have the opportunity to not only educate themselves, but also be exposed to networking opportunities. We are committed to building a strong music community by offering the tools and resources needed to improve our local musicians careers, health, and lifestyle in the following ways:
- Offer individuals training on guitar, bass, drums, vocals, piano or keyboard, songwriting, and band mentorship at the MCC Rock Academy located within the Community Center. We teach all ages and skill levels. For more information about the Rock Academy, click here.
- Through community partnerships, we offer discounted goods and services such as musical instruments and supplies, music video production and audio recording services, CD duplication, and printed promotional materials.
- Our staff offers education, training, and resources on topics such as graphic and web design, social media, public relations, touring, career counseling, and legal advice.
- The Community Center is committed to helping career musicians on a personal level. We offer substance abuse counseling, financial assistance, discounted health and dental insurance.
- Our staff will organize and schedule training seminars, clinics, and conferences, which will host industry professional guest speakers. We will also host fundraising events such as concerts and festivals.